The races which attract enough support to make a bus viable are typically point-to-point, cross country fixtures or races with an accompanying good lunch!
The following buses are currently planned: (to July ’19):
- Alnwick XC – Sat 2nd March 2019 ***AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW***
- Pier to Pier – Sun 19th May 2019 **AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW***
The bus is currently exclusive to Striders but will be made public about the middle of March
- Blaydon Races – Sun 9th June 2019 **AWAITING RACE ENTRY CONFIRMATION***
Event is not yet available to book, however, once the race entry process has passed then seats will be made available to Striders, in the first place, and made public after a period of time.
- Northumberland Coastal Run – Sun 21st July 2019 **AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW***
Event is available to book now. The bus is currently exclusive to Striders but will be made public after a period of time. I’ll advise when this will be the case.
Pick-up points are between Annfield Plain and Belmont via Durham City centre, typically:
- Annfield Plain
- Lanchester bowling green
- Kaysburn roundabout
- Witton Gilbert Travellers Rest
- Sacriston – Dorothy Tce/Witton Road – Crossroads Health Centre
- Framwellgate Moor – Salutation
- North Road viaduct – opposite Dominos
- Gilesgate outbound layby (A690) under footbridge
- Belmont Park and Ride.
There are occasionally spare seats available to non-Club members.
Bookings can be made online for available bus events at: https://elvetstriders.teamapp.com/events
A guide to bookings via TeamApp can be found on-line once you have registered.