Membership of Elvet Striders costs £50 per year (plus a small admin fee) payable in April. Cheaper options exist for second-claim athletes, and those who wish to be non-competitive.
Membership benefits include:
- Use of the University Sports Centre car park, track, showers and facilities on a club training nights.
- Club training sessions on Monday and Wednesday evenings from the University Sports Centre for a significant part of the year.
- Affiliation to England Athletics (see below for EA membership benefits).
- The right to represent us in competition.
- Registration and paid entry to regional and national competitions e.g. cross country leagues; club relays and championship events.
- Subsidised social events such as the Christmas party.
- Subsidised travel to some races.
- Bursaries for coaching courses and UKCC recognised courses for members who contribute to the running of the club.
- Prospective club members may attend up to 3 club sessions before committing to join. These sessions should be consecutive, and only at the invitation of the membership secretary.
Once a member of Elvet Striders, you are then also a member of England Athletics, and qualify for the £2 reduction in race entry as well as other benefits. They will issue you with a registration number and Competition Licence.
If you wish to join Elvet Striders, please fill in the form below, and our Membership Secretary will be in touch
England Athletics Membership
As a paid-up member, you will have a record stored in the England Athletics database of affiliated athletes. The Club Secretary and Membership Secretary are able to access the records of all Elvet Striders in order to organise affiliations when new members join, or when memberships are renewed annually, and can update information for you (e.g. change of address) as and when it’s required. You can, if you wish, log in yourself and view the information stored about you and edit it yourself. This is how:
- Username and password details for the MyAthletics online portal will have been supplied with your EA licence (the little card).
- If you do not know these details, you can contact EA at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your name, EA number and club and they will sort some login details for you.
- You then go to the portal here and login.
- A document explaining how to use the portal can be downloaded from the EA website here, if you are interested.
As mentioned above, we do not supply EA with your email address or telephone number, but you can add these to your record, if required, to ensure you receive regular updates from EA (or you can ask the Club Secretary or Membership Secretary to do it for you). There is a ‘Preferences’ section that can be edited if you wish to receive some of the bits of information but not others.