Welcome to the weekly roundup…
The New XC Harrier league fixture at Thornley proved a challenging, glorious mud fest for those on 2 feet and in four wheels. Tamsin Imber gaining promotion to the fast pack and Stephen Jackson placed 24th and first counter starting from the fast pack along with other stirling performances throughout the men’s and ladies teams.
Lesley Hamill and Joanne Patterson tackled this course as their first XC (hardcore!) Joanne is recovering well after taking a tumble…. in her own words ”So yesterday might not have gone the way I had hoped, but it reaffirmed what I already knew – I am part of an amazing team who only think good of me for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying my best. One little mistake 200m (if that) from the finish line, dented pride and some whiplash but more kind and encouraging words than I can count. Thank you (you know who you are)” Great stuff Joanne, fantastic effort and support all round, this is what being a Strider is all about. Well done to all who raced! Hopefully we will see a lot more of the purple army taking on the mud as it’s going to be a tight second half to the season and we want to avoid relegation for either team.
A number of Striders completed the ‘Northumberland Big 10 Miler’ on Sunday, including Trevor Chaytor (first Strider to finish – 1:24:22) Kathryn Sygrove, First Lady Strider home with big PBs for Jordi Sabate-Villaret, Ashley Price-Sabate and Karen Hooper. Also running were Lucy Herkes, Melanie Hudson and
new Strider, Karen Crampton – welcome to the purple posse Karen!
Run options this Wednesday are:-
– 8 min mile group – Paul Evans (poss Redhill hill reps)
– 9 min mile group, Elaine Bisson
– 10 min mile group, hour round town with Steve Ellis
– 12 min mile group, 30 min out 28 min back towards Bowburn with Kay Cairns. If you have a headtorch or small torch please bring it as there is a short unlit section at the top of Shincliffe Bank where street lights are currently out
– Track session, please see Allan’s email/post
– 5K group Elaine Jennings
– Multi ability session around the park and ride with Jon Ayres
Thanks all for now folks
Catherine and Gareth